Depression is here again.
I'm mostly OK, just been having trouble getting out of bed and generally doing anything in the house. At most I'll be able to accomplish one thing I can consider "major" (like, a trip to the post office). I've also had a few pangs of loneliness, the heart-achey kind, which is kind of annoying, tbh.
It.... might have something to do with how I reacted to accidentally burning my oven mitt this afternoon (as in... I left the oven mitt on a burner, turned on the stove to what I THOUGHT was the burner with the pot, and.... actually turned on the burner on which the mitt sat on. And then there was the smell of SMOKE! and FIRE! FIRE! MY OVEN MITT IS ON ACTUAL FIRE! LIKE BURNING! BRIGHT ORANGE FLAME SORT OF BURNING! And I threw it to the ground and threw a cloth on it and THAT WASN'T EXACTLY PUTTING OUT THE FIRE! And so I stomped on it and put out the fire. Rawr. But that didn't really save the oven mitt which is now 85% ashes and the rest of it crumbly) and I spent like two hours shouting at the injustice of now having smoke and ashes permeating my apartment.
Good thing it's summer though, because I have all the windows open.
I'm making very slow progress on this dress I'm drafting right now, which is a bit annoying, but I've never made any pockets on my own before, and I may have done this wrong? All the pockets I have in skirts are reinforced in the waistband, and this dress doesn't have a waistband... it doesn't even have a lining, which might help. I'll have to jury-rig something, I think, from the remaining lining I've got.
Going to Toronto tomorrow to check out a store that has African fabrics... really excited about it! The friend who's introducing it to me, Priscilla, is a steampunk POC who's also a huge Yinka Shonibare fan, and she's done a cool Steampunk Storm cosplay. In return, I'm introducing her to Hamilton's fabric district.
Wednesday, lunch with another friend. Hopefully I'll feel better by Thursday, so I can bounce back.
Other things to do:
- Call Rogers to cancel my phone account
- Call the electricity company down in California to start a new account for when I get there
- Call Cogeco and let them know I'm moving, and also, tell V that he needs to call Cogeco himself to cancel the account. He's basically been paying for my internet connection for the last year, which is kind of bizarre. Either way, I'll have to let Cogeco know that this ish is up.
- Send off more books! I think the remaining books are fairly manageable, just gonna put them into a couple of small boxes.
- Figure out how to ship the DVD player, CDs and DVDs, because yeah, kinda forgot about them
- figure out what to do with this awesome helmet
- Write that fucking Watch City Fest con report omfg!
ETA: Oh! Before I forget to note this AGAIN: I really should email Dr. Andrea Smith to find out if she's offering any classes this year! Still not hot on California, but if anything, I'm still very very excited to be on the same campus as Nalo Hopkinson and Andrea Smith!!!!! Gosh, two heroes in different yet overlapping spheres in one space, I might explode of fangirlities.